The TTA has welcomed Minister Michael Ferguson to the portfolio of Infrastructure and Transport, replacing Minister Jeremy Rockliff in this role.
The TTA had established a strong working relationship with Minister Rockliff and looks forward to continuing this with Minister Ferguson. TTA met with the Minister in July to brief him on key issues impacting the Tasmanian Transport Industry.
The reshuffle resulted in a series of changes within the Tasmanian Liberal Government.
NEW LOOK LIBERAL GOVERNMENT
* Premier Will Hodgman: Also Tourism; Trade; Advanced Manufacturing and Defence Industries; and Family Violence Prevention Minister
* Deputy Premier Jeremy Rockliff: Also Education; Mental Health; Sport Minister
* Treasurer Peter Gutwein: Also Environment Parks and Heritage Minister
* Attorney-General Elise Archer: Also Justice; Corrections: Building and Construction; Arts; Racing Minister
* Primary Industries and Water Minister Guy Barnett: Also Energy; Resources; Veterans’ Affairs Minister
* Health Minister Sarah Courtney: Also Minister for Women
* Infrastructure and Transport Minister Michael Ferguson: Also State Growth; Small Business; Science and Technology Minister; government leader in the lower house
* Human Services and Community Development Minister Roger Jaensch: Also Housing; Planning; Aboriginal Affairs Minister
* Police, Fire and Emergency Management Minister: Mark Shelton: Also Local Government Minister
* Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier Joan Rylah
* Parliamentary Secretary for Regional and Community Development Jane Howlett